Nautilus created the R514 best Recumbent Bike back in the 2010 and it became a very popular piece of home gym equipment. In 2013 Nautilus realized that it was time for a redesign and R514c was born. With numerous upgrades, it will be the perfect addition to anyones home gym.
Recumbent Exercise Bike Review
The Nautilus R514c Recumbent Exercise Bike combines the beneficial cardiovascular workout of a spinning bike and comfortable feeling of the recumbent position. The seating area features several extra touches that will help make it possible to extend your exercise time without adding any undue strain on your body.
For many the spinning bikes in most local gyms the perfect amount of cardiovascular workout. However, for some, the recumbent style exercise bikes are much more comfortable. The R514c adds an additional level of comfort with its lumbar support and heavily padded seat.
The all tubular steel construction and additional supports help to make make it possible for it to support a riders weight up to 300. Though it weighs in at over 100 pounds, the retractable wheels on the bottom of the frame makes it easier to move it around the room, if necessary.
The operator console features an easy to read 2.25-inch x 5-inch multi-colored LCD screen. The computer controlled system features 20 different pre-programmed workouts and it works seamlessly with several different compatible wireless heart rate chest straps (not included).
Key Features of the Nautilus R514
- 7 pre-programmed exercise courses
- 4 separate heart rate programs featuring Polar monitoring; hand grip and chest strap (not included)
- Control console with blue backlit LCD panel
- 20 lb flywheel and ECB (Eddy Current Braking) resistance system
Key Improvements found on the Nautilus R514c
- 20 pre-programmed exercise courses
- Wireless heart rate monitoring that works with compatible chest straps (not included)
- Two built in automatic levelers and additional support at the mid-frame
- Adjustable reading rack that retracts to multiple positions
- Extra large control console with built in speakers
- Assembly was fairly easy and it included all the necessary tools
- Pre-programmed exercise courses are very easy to use once you get started
- Nautilus forgot to include instructions on how to operate the control panel
What people are saying about both the R514 & R514c?
As we were doing our research for exercise bikes with came across the Nautilus R514c Recumbent Exercise Bike, which is the updated version of the R514 model from 2010. The R514c does not have nearly as many customer reviews posted online, however, it has received mostly four and five star ratings like the earlier model.
The extremely padded seat and over padded lumbar support makes it so much more comfortable than a traditional exercise bike for those extra long riding sessions.
The control console was very large and the display was very easy to read. It also features built in speakers and small cooling fan that blows air onto you as you are exercising.
The 300 lb. weight capacity makes it perfectly suited for larger people that are looking to lose weight, but find that running on a treadmill is a bit hard on the joints.
In the end, the Nautilus R514c is a huge improvement over the R514 and should considered a better option when looking for a recumbent style